Moving Tips for Self Storage or Relocation
- Across the street
- Across the country
- Into storage
Moving house is a big thing in fact it is up there as one of the most stressful times in our lives.
The more prepared you are, the easier it will be.
Whether you are moving from home to home in Melbourne, or from home into self storage the process and the moving tips are pretty much the same.
Melbourne Self Storage – Make Your Move Easy
Here are a few tips to help make the process a little smoother and a little less stressful.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to pack up all of your belongings.
- Use the packing process as a time to clear out unnecessary items. It is pretty safe to say that you won’t cull your belongings in the unpacking phase so if it is to be done it needs to be during the packing phase.
- Allow time after the removalists have been to clean the property.
- If possible go to the new home before you move in to clean. It is much easier to do this before you house is full of boxes that get in the way.
- Pack a bag of essentials that you will need on your first night. No doubt after moving you will be too tired to sort through everything to find bedding and a towel, not to mention your toothbrush.
- Make a checklist of all the services you will need to disconnect and reconnect at the new home – electricity, phone, internet, etc.
- Fill in a Change of Address form at the Post Office so your mail will be redirected.
- If you move yourself with friends helping be organised. They will be happier to help if you are ready and everything is organised when they get there.
- If you use professional removalists remember to book them weeks in advance and read the fine print and ensure you understand their conditions.
- If you are renting take photos of the rental property you have left to show its state and also take photos of the new premises.
- Organise some one to care for your children and pets on the day. It is far less stressful for everyone.
- Defrost your fridge and freezer a day or two before you move.
- Run down the pantry and perishable items so you have less to take with you and less to keep cold.
Hope our moving tips make things easier for you. If you are looking at Melbourne self storage check out our containers here. We can can offer you Melbourne self storage solutions with no lock in contracts, short or long term and easily accessible storage containers. Call us today for a quote!