Packing Tips For Small Boxes Up To Big Furniture Storage
If it is going into storage or just going across the road to be unpacked again your belongings will be much safer if they are packed properly.
Packing made Easy
Whether you are packing a couple of boxes to store or you are packing up your whole house to move the most important thing is to keep your things safe so they arrive unbroken.
Here are some quick and easy tips to make packing a breeze:
- Use your linen and clothes to pack breakables in as it will save on bubble wrap.
- Avoid using newspaper to wrap your kitchen items in. It used to be the way to go but everything will need washing once unpacked.
- Pack your glasses in your socks to provide extra padding.
- Label the top and side of every box, remember to include not just what is in the box but also what room it is to go into.
- Pack your plates vertically – they will be less likely to break.
- Cover drawers with glad wrap or just lay a towel across them. This will save you from having to unpack and then repack all of your drawers.
- Use zip lock bags to to keep bolts, curtain hooks etc together. Remember to label the bag with what is inside.
- Remember books are heavy. Use smaller boxes to pack you books in.
- If you need to unplug the cords from your tv or other electrical appliances take a photo first so you know how they go together.
- Save on boxes by using all bags, suitcases and laundry baskets to pack into.
- Keep your clothes on their hangers and put them in suit bags or drape a clean garbage bag over them to keep them together. This saves time when unpacking.
Furniture Storage Melbourne is generally pretty easy it is just a matter of finding the space and preventing dust and moisture damage.
- Pad corners of furniture for protection.
- Wrap furniture in plastic or sheeting to prevent dust build up.
- Try to box smaller furniture as it will be safer and easier to stack.
- Use spare linen or bubble wrap to protect boxed furniture.